Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nubian Heritage Ivorian CoCoa Butter Soap with Milk Chocolate and Hazelnuts


Read back the name of this soap again. Doesn't it sound luxurious. Like something rich people would use. Soap with Milk Chocolate.


Anyway on with the review.

It's Claims:


Cote d'Ivoire, situated on the West Coast of Africa, produces the finest quality cocoa beans in the world. Cocoa Butter, the pure and natural emoliient derived from cocoa beans, is used by communities in Africa and throughout the world to heal, soften and smooth skin.
Nubian Heritage fortifies nutrient-rich Cocoa Butter with the healing properties of Shea Butter and Vitamin E to develop this skin nourishing soap. This natural skin cleanser hydrates, evens skin tone and helps to improve skins elasticity. Cocoa and Shea Butters, combined with the anti-oxidant value of Vitamin E, soften, moisturize and protect skin as Oatmeal Extract works to soothe and relieve minor skin irritations. Enhancing the sensory experience is a touch of milk Chocolate with shredded hazelnuts to exfoliate dead skin.


So I was really excited about using this because I'de never used a soap with Milk Chocolate in it before. This soap is brown and you have to be careful because it can stain and turn washclothes brown. It only smells like chocolate when you rub it directly on your skin. Even then it isn't a strong chocolate scent and it doesn't linger. But it was chocolatey enough that I tasted it. I couldn't help it. It doesn't taste too bad. But try to resist as eating soap is not good for you.(smile) The Hazelnuts don't really seem to do much but it's cool that they are there.


The lather as usual is great and it moisturizes so well, lotion is truly optional. Only one patch of my skin didn't like it but I always have problems with that part of my skin.

I tried it on my face and I'm not a fan of it on the face. There were no breakouts but it left my face feeling coated and kinda dry.

The ingredients get an A++ as usual.

Ingredients:

Ivorian Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Palm Kernel Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Milk Chocolate, Hazelnuts, Soaps and Coconut and Palm

Overall it's OK. I thought it was gonna be a little better but it's not bad. Especially at only $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment