Friday, July 10, 2009

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap With Oats, Aloe, and Vitamin E


Yep, ANOTHER Nubian Heritage Soap Review. I've almost gone through my stash of them. This one took me quite awhile to use as I'de never used a soap that was literally black.


There are little chunks of oats in them but it doesn't really do much in the way of exfoliation. The lather is sometimes tinted a blue black color which does take some getting used to. I also noticed that the lather is kinda gummy in texture. It's not bad just different. Now as for the scent, it's pretty hard to identify but in my opinion it smells like pears. Certainly not a bad scent.



It's Claims:

The Nubian Heritage African Black Soap line combines the ancient medicinal properties of black soap with the hydrating properties of Shea Butter to balance problem skin. Our traditional African Black Soap recipe Contains palm ash, plantain peel extract, tamarind extract and papaya enzymes. This powerful combination has traditionally been used to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. In the apothecary tradition, Nubian Heritage updates African Black Soap with active botanical extracts and salicylic acid to more effectively treat acne, balance skin tone and improve skin texture. Daily use of the line will result in cleaner, clearer, healthier skin.

It cleans extremely well and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. No lotion needed. I used this on my face and absolutely loved it. There was no sign of a breakout and I do think it helped with the scarring a little bit. My face is combination and I am prone to breakouts if that helps anyone.

The ingredients as always are superb.
African black soap base, African shea butter, oats, aloe, plantain extract, vitamin E, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, palm ash, rosemary extract, iron oxides.

I have to admit this is one of the best soap I have used and I highly recommend it. Especially at such a great price of $2.50 at my local beauty supply store. Other pluses, the company is 100% black owned and the packaging is easily recyclable.

No comments:

Post a Comment